• Working with you not just for you

    We go well beyond traditional accounting practices; to give you the best advice we need to understand how your business works.

Self Assessment Income Tax Returns

Being self-employed means you run your own business or are in business with someone else i.e. a partnership but have not incorporated as a company. However, it is not just the self-employed who may need to file a tax return. If you are a company director, have large amounts of savings and investments, own land or property which is being let or if you have sold an asset, you too may need to complete a tax return. Whatever your situation we can calculate your tax liability, file your tax return online to H M Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and advise you how much tax needs to be paid and by when.

With the introduction of Making Tax Digital by the government, this will mean the end of the traditional annual tax return and the introduction of quarterly reporting, making it easier for you to get your tax right and keep on top of your affairs.

If you are just starting out as a sole trader or partnership you will need to register with HMRC for self-assessment and national insurance. We can handle this process in its entirety by registering ourselves as your agent. This gives us authority to deal directly with HMRC on your behalf, thus relieving the burden.

As part of the service we provide we can also look at tax planning, making suggestions for tax savings where appropriate, such as incorporating your business. We can help you take full advantage of any tax opportunities and reliefs.

If you are experiencing cash flow problems, we can explore the possibilities of negotiating a payment plan with HMRC on your behalf.

Click here to return to the Services page of the website.

What People Say

  • Just a note to say thank you so much for helping me out of a horrible, scary situation. You were so kind, caring and considerate. I know who to turn to if I need help again!.
    Name witheld for privacy reasons