Bury Council launch Local Restrictions Support Grant
Eligibility and Application process
You will be eligible if all of the following apply:
- your business was required to close from either:
- 23 March 2020 because of national restrictions and has not reopened since then, or
- 23 October 2020 due to Local COVID Alert Level Very High (Tier 3 restrictions), or
- 5 November 2020 as a result of national lockdown restrictions
- you were liable for business rates for the premises as at the date the lockdown was imposed
- your business was open as usual before the restrictions and was not in administration
- you are planning to reopen after the lockdown period ends
If your business provides an alternative service during lockdown, such as a restaurant or pub providing takeaway-only meals you will still be eligible as you have been required to close the part of your business that provides its main service.
If you think you are eligible you will only need to make one application for Local Restrictions Support Grants, from the earliest date your business was required to close. We will make sure that you receive all of the grant payments you are eligible for.
If you have more than one business premises you will need to make a separate application for each property.
You will need to provide
- your business rates account number (this can be found on your most recent business rates bill)
- a copy of the latest statement for your bank account showing the name of your business or the business rates payer
Additional Restrictions Grant
If you are not eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant, Bury Council are looking at further support. We are working hard to bring more support for the business community and information on this will be shared in due course.
What People Say
Thank you so much for all your help. My business would not have been what it is today, but for both of you and for giving me the confidence.Name witheld for privacy reasons